Sunday, December 21, 2008

More Connected Mini Leaves

One of the greatest joys in my life is making and teaching mini quilts. Minis are so much fun to sew because you can play with design and colour, try new techniques, and get the satisfaction of finishing a project in a reasonable amount of time. They also make great gifts!
Usually I make a mini quilt after being inspired by the colours or block patterns that I see in a full size quilt. These days I am often inspired by quilts that I see on my favorite quilt blogs.
Such was the case with my mini leaf quilt that you can see here. It was so much fun to sew that I taught it to my mini quilt class in November. It was amazing to me how different each quilt is because they all started with the same instructions, to bring 2.5" x 3.5" scraps of fall fabrics.
We met again this week to sew up a Christmas mini (which I will show in January) and here are some of their finished leaf quilts. I am posting each one separately so you can click on them and see the colours, fabrics, and quilting up close. (Sorry about the spacing problems...blogger won't play nice with me today!)

Donna's leaves


Lana's leaves






Susan's leaves

Barb's leaves (Barb quilt comes with a song track...softly hum to yourse
lf "All the leaves are brown...and the sky is grey")






Susan' leaves (another Susan - yes, 2 Susan's in the same class!)


Nancy's leaves (she gave herself a stitching challenge - can you see the triangle quilting and
border stitching?)




P.S. Advance notice to blog stalkers...I am going to surprise you by posting more frequently this week!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Kathy ... glad to see you're back and feeling better. Great class pictures. Wondering ... is the stashbusters list having problems ... I can't seem to get past page one. Have a Merry Christmas ... keep well. jr

Jean said...

These are so pretty. Part of the fun of teaching classes is to see the quilts done in everyone else's colors!

Tanya said...

Beautiful quilts! Very inpsiring! I'm going to check out a pattern for a someday project!

Helen in the UK said...

Cute little quilts! Fun to see all the different colour variations :)