Wednesday, July 08, 2009

Baking and Cutting

I am happily enjoying the days of "summer vacation", which means that the kids are home but I'm still working! It is enjoyable because we have a more relaxed schedule and no homework issues to deal with. For my kids, the freedom from daily homework is remarkable! I forget sometimes how much pressure is on children now in our school system but it is really noticeable when summer comes and the real personalities of my kids reemerge when they are free from daily stress.
Although we are on a summer schedule, the weather has not been at all summery. I don't think we have run our air conditioner once this year, which is very strange. It has been perfect baking weather though! I have been making Amish Friendship Bread in various forms thanks to blog stalkers Deanna in North Bay and Louise in Goderich, who convinced me to get started by feeding me some great cake and then sending me some starter mix. Now I can't stop...it just goes on and on! Thanks guys!
While eating my cake (why don't we call it bread...it sounds so much healthier for you!) I have been surfing the quilt blogs and found this interesting article on "the Power of 10" over at Sue's blog. I need to do this to get myself organized for the guild quilt show in October.  I have to prioritize which of my quilts I need to work on to be finished by then and I need to FOCUS! 
I'm thinking about doing that, but first I decided to cut up one of my charm packs (called "Swanky") into tiny pieces to make a mini quilt or two. Look at these cute little guys just waiting for me! Can't wait to get sewing and I'll be thinking about making a list of 10 UFO's...
while I work on this new project! *LOL*

1 comment:

sewnut said...

It must be the time for friendship starters. It is being passed around at work too. MMMmmm.
I suggested they also look up recipes under "Herman"