Monday, November 09, 2009

Design Wall Monday

My life has been so frenetic lately that I haven't had much time to sew. These are the pieces sitting beside my sewing machine waiting to be sewn together. It will be another tablerunner like the one on this post made from the leftover scraps to make another Christmas gift. It feels good to be thinking ahead and not leaving all my Christmas sewing until the last minute.
Last week was Shop Hop but I was so busy at work, I had to spread it out over 2 days, which is not as much fun. But I did manage to get to all the stores and collect the fabrics for the Shop Hop tablerunner before I left the country to visit my little sister for the weekend.
My other sister, my Mom and I spent the weekend at her home in Michigan and we had a great time together. Lots of visiting, laughing, shopping, and playing games, but not much sleeping. Here we are at the "Always Christmas" store in Canterbury, and we also visited the the Village Quilt Shoppe. The weekend was great but it took us 7 hours to get home due to the over 2 hour wait at the Bluewater Bridge border crossing in Sarnia. That sure discourages cross border visits! I was always thinking about the volume of air pollution of thousands of vehicles inching forward, idling on the bridge, and running their vehicles for hours waiting to cross the border. 
Anyway, from the shop hop and Michigan shopping, I managed to do a little damage to the credit card and buy some fabrics for future projects. Bonnie at Quiltville has announced that she is hosting a new mystery soon so I had to get a few new Fat Quarters. I am not going to use the  Christmas colours she suggested since I already have a couple of Christmas quilts. I bought these yummy fabrics but I don't know if they will be for the mystery or not.
Hop on over to Judy's blog to check out the design walls of other quilters around the world.

5 comments:

Shelly said...

Love your greens! I'm in a "lime phase" myself at the moment -- yummy -- can't wait to see what you do with them!

Mary said...

Oh, I like the fabrics in the table runner. Very quiet Christmas fabrics...like a snowy morning.

sewnut said...

I love the FQ's. You can always send them to me because I will promise to send you back the scraps!!!

Diana LaMarre said...

I am loving those new fabrics! Can't wait to see what you will end up doing with them.

julieQ said...

I so like that color, pretty! Every girl needs a little retail therapy...helping the economy, very patriotic!