Wednesday, November 25, 2009

Red & Aqua blocks


The weather here is dull and dreary...more rain in the forecast for today. Where is our snow?!?!  I sometimes start to feel a little desperate to see the sun in November, and if it starts to peak out, I hurry outside to go for a walk. This morning I hung my "Soak up the Sun" mini quilt in the hall in lieu of the real sun!  It's foundation pieced on muslin and it is a mini quilt...about 7" square, and has a few buttons and beads for embellishment. But this little quilt sure makes me feel happier when I walk past.

I have been playing with my red and aqua blocks and I have decided on this block layout. I just started but it has been a bit of a challenge piecing the blocks together since everyone's quarter inch seam is different. If a block is too short, I have to either rebuild it with a smaller seam allowance or try to stretch it out.  I have also divided the blocks into 2 groups, and this quilt will have only the red and aqua blocks. The second quilt will have the blocks that include other colours. Off to sew...

3 comments:

Quilt Rat said...

What a wonderfully cheerful little quilt. Great way to ensure the sun shines every day. LOVE it!

Susan said...

That is going to be a wonderful quilt.

Jean said...

It's been dreary here the last few days too...hopefully the weather is nice tomorrow. Love your sun!