Saturday, August 14, 2010

Saturday Sampler #30

This is my last 12" Saturday Sampler block for my "Chocolate Covered Strawberries" quilt...block #30.
Block Name: Northern Flair (block #74)
Block Pattern Source: Quiltmaker's 100 blocks magazine
Block Designer: Gudrun Erla
This was a fun block to sew. I felt like I was working on a jigsaw puzzle with all the little pieces in production and trying to get the 85 pieces in their proper places.
I plan to make the quilt layout 5 blocks by 6 blocks but it was too dark last night to take a photo, so I'll do it sometime on the weekend.
Today I am off to the blueberry patch!

12 comments:

Angie said...

That is such a beautiful block!! I know the quilt will be just wonderful!

Toni said...

Gorgeous block! Ooo I love blueberries, I hope you took some fun pretty pictures at the patch :)

Jeanne said...

Another beautiful block! Eat a few berries for me.

julieQ said...

Another lovely block...I am anticipating this quilt!!

scraphappy said...

Woohoo! Congragtulations on finishing up the 30 blocks you need for this quilt. I can imagine how stunning it is going to look.

Sandie @ crazy'boutquilts said...

Great block! This is going to be a gorgeous quilt! :-)

Judy D in WA said...

This one's a beauty! I can't wait, I can't wait!!!

Anonymous said...

I'm so glad I have that magazine as this block is stunning!!!

Karen said...

A very pretty block for sure. Doesn't seem like there could be that many pieces in it but looks can be deceiving.

AnnieO said...

So complex and pleasing! Terrific finish to your 12" block set. Are you ready to put it together now?

Unknown said...

Can you please tell me what issue of quiltmaker 100 blocks this came from? There are quite a few of them. Thanks so much. Your quilt is going to be beautiful!

Quilter Kathy said...

Issue #1!