Saturday, April 09, 2011

Rainbow Scrap Challenge - Purple

OH my goodness...where did the week go?!
It's Saturday already, and time for a Rainbow Scrap Challenge posting.  Each month I have been piecing together small scraps in the colour of the month...this month is purple (click here to see my green blocks from last month).
I am using a technique that might be called "liberated quiltmaking", or "crumb piecing", or "Gee's Bend style", or "crazy patchwork".
Whatever you want to call it, it is F U N and at the end of the year, these 6" blocks are going to become a very colourful rainbow quilt!
Click here to see what other quilters are sewing for their rainbow scrap challenge.

13 comments:

Elke said...

I like your blocks! Your purple fabrics are very nice.

Brenda Kay said...

I love the way your blocks look. I tend to be more organized in my piecing, but would love to try some morre randon pieceing like these.

Kate said...

Pretty purples!

Mary Johnson said...

Love the blocks! I'm getting ready to start a set of strips and strings log cabin blocks.

sophie said...

I love the crumb (or whatever you want to call 'em) blocks!

Judee said...

Great idea. I thought along those lines too!

Amy said...

Oh what a cute idea! I didn't realize you were making lil' blocks for a final quilt at the end of the year. Can't wait to see all the colors together :0)

Anonymous said...

Your blocks are great. I call them beepies. Bits and Pieces, B - P. I like all your purples.

Ellen said...

Crumb blocks make me happy - they are wonderful.

Diana LaMarre said...

I did not realize that the different colored blocks were all part of a bigger plan. What fun. I like the shades of purple you put together.

Comfort Cove Designs said...

Lovin' those "crumb" blocks!!!! I know all about crumb blocks after the crumb quilt I did!!! :)

Quiltingly Yours
Andrea

Elly D said...

These are looking gorgeous :)

Helen in the UK said...

Great - particularly love the little doggy in the centre ... and a cat peeking out of another block :)