Sunday, April 03, 2011

Rainbow Scrap Challenge - Purple

Purple is one of my favorite colours and is the colour of the month for the Rainbow Scrap Challenge.
I am going to treat myself to sewing up some of these purple scraps today.
And I have 3 other ongoing projects in the back of my mind to work on with purple fabrics this month...woohoo!
The first one up is my quilt-as-you-go with a scrappy purple backing seen in the photo on the right. To see the front of the quilt click here.
The UFO project of the month is #4, so I am going to switch up my UFO Wish List and make this Quilt-as-you-go #4 to kill 2 birds with 1 stone (very weird saying, isn't it?!? but you know what I mean!)

10 comments:

pcflamingo said...

I have a Big Project I should be working on, but now I feel compelled to go make something PURPLE! That color has a strange hold on me.

Diane said...

I have hardly any purple fabric-don't really know why.
have fun w/ yours.

Brenda Kay said...

Purple is also my favorite and therefore I will be very busy this month also. Can't wait to see what you do with all those scraps.

Ellen said...

Way to go to combine 2-in-1 and work on a UFO that will be gorgeous when complete!

Kate said...

Purple is such a fun color to work with. Can't wait to see your finish!

AnnieO said...

I don't have a lot of purple in my stash either--doesn't last long enough!

Switching up is occurring to me too--I need some handwork to take on a trip so may alter my UFO list too!

Jane said...

I think it's a great idea. I don't have a lot of purple left to play with, having gone through a purple phase a couple of months ago. I shall look forward to seeing your finish

Lilian Pilar said...

Cuantos retales purples tienes, un gran abrazo

scraphappy said...

Love the purple, killing two birds with one stone is always a stellar idea.

Anonymous said...

I believe I have purple envy! Love your plan.