Wednesday, July 20, 2011

War Wednesday

In March I gave up on my civil war sampler quilt after making the first 9 blocks (to see the blocks click here). The blocks were just too boring for my enjoyment and I abandoned the project. But when I was in Vermont, I found this fabric bundle that said to me  "take me home, and I will rescue your civil war project".  What's a quilt addict to do? I had to buy them!
These fabrics forced encouraged me to start making the blocks posted on Barbara Brackman's Civil War Quilts blog again. 
The blog has just posted block #28, and I had sewn 9 blocks prior to my "break", so I have quite a few blocks to sew to catch up!



Here is block #10 called "Lincoln's Platform" (aka churn dash) with a fussy cut centre from my new fabrics.





This is block #11 called "London Square". 


Click here if you want to see the photos posted in the Civil War Quilts Flickr group.





12 comments:

Amy said...

One of these years I'll break down and make a Civil War fabrics quilt too. For now, I'll enjoy guilting you into MORE block finishes so that I can Ooooohh and Aaaaaahh.

Diane said...

Have fun catching up on the blocks!

Anonymous said...

I bought those books way back when but never made anything. After becoming a DJ dropout, I don't hold much hold that I'll actually make the CW quilt either but the books are pretty to look at. If I know you, you'll get them made. The blocks in the photos are looking good! I do like CW fabrics so maybe there's hope for me still.

Ellen said...

I think you did a great job on these blocks. Good for you for getting back to the project. Sometimes we just need a little inspiration (or fabric therapy) to help us along.

Janet O. said...

I love these colors. Great fabric choices. Maybe if I had purchased those fabrics I would have kicked into gear and STARTED my CW quilt. I'm still just all talk!

scraphappy said...

Nothing like an infusion of new fabric to impure us to work on an abandonded project. They are such pretty blocks, it would be a shame to not make something from the patterns, even if it isn't ALL the blocks

AnnieO said...

Beautiful! Those fabrics were absolutely telling the truth :)

Sandie @ crazy'boutquilts said...

Beautiful fabrics! My blocks lay abandoned too~ one of these days I hope to get back to them Have a happy day!

Mary said...

I'ma civil War dropout too. I need those fabrics, lol! Really I just need to get them out from under the pile I put on top of them and do them. They have to wait at least until I get my Challenge #2 quilt done.

Kate said...

Love the fabrics, especialy the blues! The new blocks look great.

Ivani said...

Oh my!
Love the fabrics! the blocks you made are wonderful. You did great.
hugs

Happy Quilter said...

Beautiful fabrics--love the blue. Glad you restarted the project.