Friday, June 15, 2012

It's "Friday Night Sew In"!

Are you signed up for FNSI??!? 
There are about 100 sewers signed up, who have committed to make time in their busy lives to spend some time sewing tonight.My family have plans for the evening, so what else is there to do... except sew until I fall asleep at the machine?!?!
I plan to turn these scraps into crumb blocks for the Rainbow Scrap Challenge post tomorrow.
Then I hope to cut out some Civil War Blocks, and sew the Sweet Treat cornerstone blocks. Want to take bets on how much of that will be accomplished?!?
I am also trying to work a little bit each day on the scrap rug that I started this week. I spent a glorious afternoon with my friend Louise, who taught me how to make a "toothbrush rug" using 2" strips of fabric. We used the tool and pattern from Aunt Philly's Toothbrush Rugs company. Louise says it's just like crocheting, but since I don't know how to do that, I couldn't say if she's right or not! It seems quite challenging to me, especially starting the centre rows. Hopefully it will get easier as I go along and get more used to it. Happy Friday!

2 comments:

Janet O. said...

All bets are off--but I do admire you positive thinking!
I bought one of those rug tool things several years ago, but I have yet to try it.
I'll be interested to see what you create!

Sew Create It - Jane said...

I look forward to seeing your rug! Sounds like a great way to use up scraps :o)