Thursday, June 14, 2012

Rhubarb Time


It's Rhubarb Time! 


Here is how my little rhubarb patch looked this past weekend.


It did OK this year but I won't have much extra rhubarb to put in the freezer.
We have been enjoying stewed rhubarb, rhubarb muffins, rhubarb cake, rhubarb juice, rhubarb pie...just can't get enough of this wonderful seasonal treat!


My new favorite is rhubarb slushies and it is the perfect summer drink! I am making a big tub of it to take to a party on the weekend.
I found the recipe on A Crafty Lass blog - click here to try it.



These are the rhubarb muffins I made this week, without the sugar topping, which they didn't need. (Click here for the recipe.) The kids started eating them before they even cooled off!
Are you a rhubarb lover?
Do you have a recipe to recommend?

8 comments:

The Cozy Quilter said...

I love Rhubarb upside down cake and rhubarb crisp (the same as apple crisp but with rhubarb instead of the apples!)

Amy said...

Yup! Rhubarb lover here too! Made a batch of slush this past week, only left out the vodka so that the kids could also enjoy it. Definitely a hit :)
Those muffins look mighty yummy too.

Béa said...

I make stewed rhubarb/apples,add jelling , then gently mix with "chantilly" whipped cream , fridge some hours and you obtain a smooth mousse, you can use for filling a charlotte !

FeatherDuster said...

My parents had a very large area of rhubarb in their garden. My dad made rhubarb wine. Mouth puckeringly tart, and potent! :-O I still have a few bottles of the stuff, from 1977-1980-ish.

Deb A said...

I had planted some at my last house and it should be ready for picking this year.... but I am now half a country away. Enjoy the rhubarb..... I wonder if I can grow that in Florida? I'll have to do some research.

Jeanne said...

Now you're making me hungry! We love rhubarb here and I'll be trying those muffins for sure.

antique quilter said...

rhubarb slushies, I have heard of everything now!
LOL
hope they are yummy. Kathie

Diane said...

I made up a batch of the Slushie today-hoping it will be ready for picnic tomorrow, if not more for us!! tee-hee.
love your new header picture, which isn't so new but I keep forgetting to say...