Saturday, September 15, 2012

Rainbow Scrap Challenge - Orange

I didn't have much time to make headway with the orange scraps this week. Well, that's not exactly true. Lots of cutting and sewing of orange scraps went on, but not much was finished.
I had in mind to try Beth's dump and sew idea. I dumped out a box of batik scraps and just started piecing the orangey ones together. This is what I accomplished before I decided I wasn't feeling it! 
So I moved on to cutting the orange squares for my monthly Knot block.  I am ready to cut the background and then start working on the value order.
To see what other quilters are sewing with their orange scraps, visit SoScrappy.

9 comments:

Teresa in Music City said...

You've got some yummy oranges there to work with :*)

Cathy Tomm said...

Lots of pretty orange. You will get a feel for the orange bits a pieces.

scraphappy said...

Do you think that the reason you are not loving your orange dump scraps is that they are all too similar in value? Just a thought.......

Candace said...

Love those shiny fabrics. Your
Votes for Women blocks are looking very good too, love the fussy cutting.

Sarah said...

Your orange fabrics are gorgeous - I love batiks and put them together with orange and bingo - a winning combination!!

Kate said...

You've got some beautiful oranges. Looking forward to seeing the finished block.

Sew Create It - Jane said...

Wow those oranges are fab! Very autumnal too :o)

Elly D said...

You have some fabulous orange scraps there Kathy :)

Deb A said...

Hmmm. I can see all those 'dump' fabrics cut as various leaves and falling from a single tree and onto the ground..... I think I am just missing fall in the north! Great fabrics.