Thursday, November 15, 2012

Climbing the Mountain Trail

I rearranged the two misplaced errant blocks on the first layout attempt of my Mountain Trail quilt, and reattached the borders.  Then I picked out some threads to use and wound up some bobbins to get going on the machine quilting.
While pin basting the quilt, I decided to feather quilt on the diagonal - the light fabrics will be quilted using a grey thread, and the bright side I'll use the red thread. The red is also for a straight line down the red mountain trail.
Off we go a feathering... so far, so good!

14 comments:

Doniene said...

Kathy - looks so beautiful!!!

Valerie the Pumpkin Patch Quilter said...

This looks really good!

Missie of Traditional Primitives said...

It is such a cheerful quilt...love your feathers!! Keep up the good work!

Linda in NC said...

So far, so good indeed! The quilting looks great.

Béa said...

Wow, very beautiful quilting !

Linda said...

It's going to be gorgeous!

Ann Marie @ 16 Muddy Feet said...

OOOO can't wait to see the whole thing!

Janet O. said...

I think the feathers are a great way to quilt this. I need to be able to sit and watch you make them. They just aren't clicking for me.

Mary said...

OHHH Feathers, I love them! Have a great feather day. Chilly outside, time for stitching inside.

Deb A said...

Great feathers! Enjoy quilting today. I've been working on some hand quilting.... and noticed my stitches are getting smaller! Yippee.

Quiltsmiles said...

I like how it looks so far. Jane

Marjorie's Busy Corner said...

looks fantastic....great color

AnnieO said...

Wonderful plan! Glad the trail is all straightened out :)

Helen in the UK said...

Looking wonderful :)