Monday, November 26, 2012

Design Wall Monday #45

Wow...this is the 45th time this year that I have posted on my blog what is on my design wall on Monday morning.
Today...this is what I'm looking at!
I am working on Bonnie Hunter's "Easy Street" mystery. I posted my fabrics and more details about my mystery quilt addiction on Saturday's post - click here if you want to see that.
I spent time on the weekend organizing my black on white fabrics because I need some large pieces to make more (maybe 8?) enormous 24" Swoon blocks and I couldn't remember which fabrics I had in mind for that. On the design wall is a 24" Swoon block and a little 8" Swoon block. Next I'm going to make a 16" block just for fun and see what size I like best. So today I measured out the largest black on white pieces and set them aside for more Swoons. All the other black on white scraps are going in the step #1 - 4 patch blocks for Easy Street.
I have finished sewing 70 4-patch units laying on the tray, pinned together in sets of 10 like Bonnie has suggested. And I have the strip sets sewn together to finish the rest of the 4 patches this week. It should be no problem to finish by Friday - the day of step #2 release. Wouldn't it be great to be able to keep up with the mystery?!?
There is a lot going on in blogland today! If you want to see more design walls, hop over to Patchwork Times. To see more blog postings on the Easy Street mystery, hop over to Quiltville.

20 comments:

Glen QuiltSwissy said...

I want to do the Easy Street but I am overwhelmed by the sheer volume of it. (whine)

glen

Candace said...

Maybe we'll be able to keep us this time, no string blocks. We can only hope. Your swoon blocks are beautiful, large and small, and your 4 patches look to be coming along nicely.

Gari in AL said...

I didn't decide to do Easy Street until yesterday so I am a little behind you. I chose my fabrics and cut my 2" strips and even sewed a few of them together. But I think I will be ready for Step 2 on Friday. It will probably be the only Friday I will be up to date but I plan on at least that one. ;-)

Mary said...

ME tooo!!! Linked up to Judy L and Bonnie this morning. I get to shop for a few more Black on white fabrics. My Stash is not over-flowing with them. Have a great week.

Sheila said...

Nice design wall, Kathy. I'm still working on week one of Easy Street's 4 patch blocks. When Bonnie said this mystery quilt would be easier than her other's, I though I'd give one it a try.

Carrie P. said...

awesome! love the fabrics you are using.

Judy D in WA said...

Love your Swoon blocks. You have some great white and black fabrics.

Anonymous said...

I love all of this. LOL The four patches are wicked tiny.

Thelma said...

All Swoon blocks are amazing, any size, any style fabric, you simply can't go wrong!

Sally Hamilton said...

The "swoon" block is very attractive. Love the color combo.

Alycia~Quiltygirl said...

45 times on the design wall - awesome! Love the swoon blocks and your pieces for easy street - I will make it vicarously thru you okay??

Bonnie said...

Great swoon blocks. And, I love that you experiment with all those different sizes. My mantra for Easy Street is there is a reason this is called EASY street. I remember reading that Bonnie didn't feel like doing a quilt with lots of tiny pieces in it. Let's hope I've interpreted her words to mean EASY. I'm in too. And, I'll be up to date by Friday.

Nann said...

I do admire the Swoon blocks! It's remarkable how versatile the design is.

I used your Texas Tears block in a project this weekend. Take a look at my blog to see the result!

Anonymous said...

Wow, that is the first time I have seen the Swoon block! It's beautiful! Your blocks for Easy street are just as lovely. Happy Quilting!

Janet O. said...

Congrats on your 45th design wall Monday post!
I can't believe how large the original Swoon block is. I like your little version.

Doniene said...

Looking great!!!

Have a blessed day!

lj_cox said...

That swoon block looks great; I love your color choices. It's tempting, as is Easy Street. I need another project (like I need a hole in the head!) but maybe, maybe...

Anonymous said...

The swoon blocks are amazing and your 4-patches for the mystery are very lovely. Note to self - get some grey fabric!

Marei said...

I am laughing out loud EVERY time I come to your blog and see Miss Molly up there! She is just too cute. I love your swoon blocks and think a quilt of various size Swoons all together would be wonderful. You're ahead of me with Bonnie's mystery but I do have the gray/grey strips cut and all my b-on-w fabrics pulled. I'm determined to stay up with her...at least that's my thought 3 days into it. :)

Dee said...

Your Easy Street blocks look great! And I love the Swoon block. That pattern is on my "To Do" list!!