Saturday, September 14, 2013

Two posts in one day!?!?!

Yep....it's hopefully going to be a quilty Saturday at my house. Starting right after I finish washing the dishes, take the dog for a walk, clean up the garden, cut the grass, and tidy up around here!  
I might also get side-tracked into canning some of the millions of tomatoes and peppers in the garden... the garden went a little wild while I was away this summer. This was today's harvest. What the heck happened to make those monster zucchinis?!?!?


Why I really wanted to make a second blog post today, is that there are so many fun things going on that I don't want you to miss.
1) If you are looking for something quilty to enjoy on the internet, hop over to the Pin It Blog Hop or look at the Pinterest photos. I didn't join in on this hop since I didn't have time to make new pincushions, but here are some of the ones I have made in the past. Treat yourself by visiting the site and I promise you will enjoy seeing all the wonderful pincushions made for the blog hop. Some are gorgeous, some are sweet, some are hilarious, and all of them are creative and amazing. Click here to enjoy the pin cushions.
2) If you live in Ontario, enjoy the gorgeous weather and go visit a fall fair this weekend. My favorite one today is the Fergus Fall Fair. I judged some of the classes yesterday and had soooo much fun. People are amazingly creative, and you really get a sense of that at a fall fair. If you go today, email me and let me know if I won any ribbons!!
3) And last but not least, it's QuiltCam time in 15 minutes, so go get a project and join in the fun. Should I treadle or featherweight or hand stitch????? So much fun to be had!

4 comments:

Kate said...

Looks like you had a busy day!

margaret said...

such a great variety of pin cushions, thanks for giving us the link

Deanna W said...

Well you are really getting back into the swing of life again...I am happy for you! Sad but life does go on! So much to do and not enough time in one day. I did laundry and made home made beer for DH and am putting together a quilt for Tuesday...High hopes i think but it will keep me busy! Didn't catch this second post...very unlike you! Our friend Louise stopped in on her way home from hunting so we were busy visiting.Ok put off pin basting long enough...take care. Welcome back friend!!!

Your Northern Blog Stalker!

Cheryl's Teapots2Quilting said...

You've made some cute pin cushions.