Friday, September 18, 2015

Scrap Squad Quilt #4


On the design wall today are the triangles I have been sewing  for my next Scrap Squad quilt. If you have the September/October Quiltmaker magazine, you can probably guess which quilt I am making. These blocks are 12", which seem enormous to me after making 4" chickens with such tiny pieces last week.
The hardest part of this quilt is dealing with all the bias edges on these block components. I am just hoping that the stretching will be minimal and that they will play nicely together when it's time to build the blocks. Most of the fun with constructing this quilt will be in chosing the final layout.

Did you sign up for FNSI?
This is what I'll be doing - sewing hundreds of triangles together. A very exciting life I lead!

8 comments:

Kristin said...

I am terrified of bias edges. I made a baby quilt last year full of them. My strategy? Starch the living daylights out of them! 😛

Jeanna said...

Wow, you have to be so precise with those triangles, which, obviously you are. I agree with Kristin...starch is going to be your best friend.

Mary said...

Best Press is definitely your friend with those BIAS edges. Have a fun night of stitching. I'll be at the Quilt Festival all day in my town. Gotta stitch or quilt if Betsy is being good tonight. How long until the next Scrap Squad reveal?

Janet O. said...

Twelve inch blocks? Do people really make them that size?!? : )

Kyle said...

You should use up quite a few larger pieces with a 12" block. Can't wait to see how it all finishes.

Kate said...

Looking forward to seeing your completed project.

Sharm said...

Visiting from FNSI - looks like you have been busy all weekend!
Hugs sharm

Cath said...

EEEEk! bias edges! I have sewn them but I don't like them.....starch of some kind is definitely useful :) Looking forward to your progress.