Thursday, May 05, 2016

100 Blocks

Have you been reading the Quilty Pleasures blog this week? Do you know that another 100 Blocks issue has just been released? It's my favourite magazine, and here is a small sampling of my collection. That's a lot of block patterns in that pile of reading material! There are lots of prizes and free issues to win on the blog this week, so make sure you check it out.
**Bonnie Hunter's block reveal is today - click here to see her new block pattern.



I have been working on one of my 100 Blocks projects. This is a block from issue #3 and it's called "My Easter Dress" by Sonja Callaghan. (In case you missed it, you can read about the piecing of the block here and the inspiration for the block here.) 




This is the beautiful backing fabric that I bought just for this project. Isn't the selvage cute too?!? I would have liked the selvage to be wider, because it is so very sweet. This is a Robert Kaufman fabric called 'London Calling". It is a very soft fabric with a high thread count and lovely to work with.

And the quilting is started with some simple stippling in the grass. It's so fun to be doing some machine quilting again. I've missed it! This is just a 12" block so it won't take me long to finish. 

4 comments:

Teresa in Music City said...

That's always been one of my favorite patterns from 100 Blocks! Love the fabrics you are using - and you're right, that's an adorable selvedge! I'm planning a selvedge quilt in the near future, so I've been really noticing how cute they are making selvedges lately.

Mary said...

I have all of the issues! I have been buying 2 when I find them. I love your Version of this block.

Lisa J. said...

I love that backing fabric Kathy. It's so pretty.

Kate said...

Very pretty. The backing fabric is perfect.