Thursday, May 26, 2016

A Little Spring Finish

I haven't had many quilt finishes this year since I've been working on lots of complex projects. 
So it's about time to finally share a little finish.

The pattern is from volume 3 of Quiltmaker's 100 blocks magazine and is called "My Easter Dress" by Sonja Callaghan. If you missed the inspiration memory, you can read about that here.
I started paper piecing the block in April, so this one has been finished in a month. That's pretty awesome turnaround time for me! 
I machine quilted stippling in the grass, waves in the dress and a ribbon design on the ribbon. I also added a tiny pink rickrack around the bottom of the dress.




We went for a walk in the forest to get a photo with some trilliums... I know just where to find them. Did you know that when white trilliums age, they turn pink? And that makes the flowers match this little quilt just perfectly!





After the outing I decided that these shoes needed some flower buttons. Such a cute addition if I do say so myself!

17 comments:

Peg - Happy In Quilting said...

So cute 💖💖💖

SandraC said...

So pretty, especially with the trilliums!

Lisa J. said...

Love the final addition on those flower buttons. It's the essential final touch!

The Cozy Quilter said...

What a cute little project! Where are you going to display it?

Carole @ From My Carolina Home said...

Those flower buttons are the perfect touch!

Stitchin At Home said...

Pretty adorable!

Carol Swift said...

This is so cute...love it!

sunny said...

Very cute! The flower buttons are the perfect touch. I love everything about this.

Janet O. said...

Just precious! The rickrack and buttons are perfect additions, and the photo with the flowers makes me believe that little girl was standing there.

Barbara said...

Well, that is just adorable. Well done.

Deb @ Frugal Little Bungalow said...

This is just darling! :)

Linda said...

How lovely! :)

Mary said...

Sew cute! Mini finishes count too.

Raewyn said...

Very cute finish, I remember seeing this block in the magazine and loving it too :-)

Deanna W said...

A very cute finish!

Missy Shay said...

How adorable!

Kate said...

A very sweet finish!