Wednesday, May 18, 2016

Aurifil BOM

Are you sewing along with the Aurifil BOM this year? Each month they post a free block pattern from a different pattern designer. 
This month's designer is Amy Friend and this is my red and white version of her "cups and saucers" block pattern. It was very easy to sew and I really how my fussy cut centre square looks!



Here are my first 4 blocks on the design wall. I am still missing block #3 and hope to get that one done soon. But the collection so far looks like it will become a very interesting sampler quilt.
To see more sampler block variations, hop over to Pat Sloan's blog. I'm also linking up to Sew Fresh Quilts... go check out Lorna's adorable raccoons!

10 comments:

Béa said...

They are all very beautiful, congrats !

Kaelyn Angelfoot said...

Lovely! Red and white quilts are so striking.

Needled Mom said...

Those are so pretty. I love the reds.

The Cozy Quilter said...

I love your red and white blocks!!! I keep meaning to do this BOM but have not started it yet. Soon...

Sophie Zaugg said...

I like very much your red and white version !

Lisa J. said...

I love these red and whites Kathy. It will be a great quilt.

Janet O. said...

A very pretty outcome with the flower center fussy-cut.

the girlfriend gap said...

Delightful ! Your sampler is going to be beautiful! Samplers seem to be the story of 2016 So many yummy things saying to me...."MAKE ME" this year. Janita

Kate said...

Those red and white blocks are gorgeous. It's going to be a beautiful sampler.

moosecraft said...

Wow! Each block is pretty... but, all together they are amazing! :-)