Monday, May 09, 2016

Design Wall Monday

This is what is on my design wall today. It is my UFO of the month called Triangle Stars.
The 6 columns on the right are now sewn together. That is one heck of a lot of complex seam matching, with many bias edges. I find that I have to put at least 2 pins in every seam join. It's time consuming.
I have removed the centre cube block from the bottom left star. I had to open up a lot of seams to get it out of there, so the reinsertion will be a lengthy reconstructive surgery! But I will be happier when the cube is not upside down!
Also, I think I have enough of the white triangles to make a strip for each side of the quilt.
To see more design wall postings, hop over to Patchwork Times.

13 comments:

Stitchin At Home said...

It might be a pain sewing together but I really like this quilt.

Julierose said...

Sounds really tricky--but it looks lovely...hugs, Julierose

Judy D in WA said...

Reconstructive surgery is not always fun but will be worth it. ;)
This is a fabulous project.

karen said...

Good luck on your reconstructive surgery...that does NOT look like it will be a fun time. Cute quilt, though.

Pam said...

I love your colors!

Browndirtcottage said...

Yes, I to have one of those quilt tops with a block that needs to be surgically extracted.
I agreed we both will be happier when things are made right.
This top has great fabric blends!

Janet O. said...

You are tenacious in your quest to get this one right. I applaud you. Was there much bleeding when you excised the offending block?
The strips down the sides should tie things together nicely.

Mary said...

Keep at it and you'll soon be done. Not even the middle of the month, yet!

Sarah said...

You did the right thing removing the offending cube! It would have driven me crazy, so good luck with your reconstruction surgery!

Anonymous said...

wow very nice Cathy :)

Sandie said...

I may be wrong, and apologies if I am, but is the center cube of the pink star in need of reconstructive surgery too? The value placement in it seems different to me than it is in the other colors. (I would not have said anything but you seem to be like me, and the error would drive you buggy if you found it after it was too late!)

Kate said...

Good luck with your reconstruction!

margaret said...

looking good rather you than me re doing the centre of the block bet of luck