Saturday, May 07, 2016

Scrappy Saturday

The grass is greener...

May is green month at the Rainbow Scrap Challenge.  I am just starting to sort out the green scraps and have lots to work with this month. Today I'll be sorting and cutting pieces for my various projects.
You can check out the RSC linkup  here.


The shop hop yesterday was great fun and a few wonderful purchases were made. I found the newest 100 Blocks magazine and am enjoying reading it today. I also stocked up on things that always need to be replenished... pins, needles, seam rippers, and clothesline for bowl making.
The good news is that I didn't start any new projects. Yah me! I did get some pieces to add to some ongoing projects, like background and backing fabrics for Life is Beautiful.
The other good news is that I got a great deal on a roll of batting,
so I can make quilts for about a year without needing to buy more batting. I'm all set now!

11 comments:

Karen - Quilts...etc. said...

I have been thinking of getting a roll of batting instead of individual pieces, I need to figure out what kind though to get and how much well it really save me - do you have any idea how many quilts you will make with a roll of batting. I haven't searched enough to figure it out yet - maybe next week!

Cheryl's Teapots2Quilting said...

Yea! Sounds like you had lots of fun. One can never have too much background fabric, or batting. Have fun stitching 'green' things this month.

The Joyful Quilter said...

Glad that you had fun on the Shop Hop. You showed great restraint in your (limited) purchases!

Katie Z. said...

I love buying batting by the roll. It lasts me almost two years, although the time between rolls is getting shorter, but I love not having to buy packaged every time I'm ready to quilt!

PaulaB quilts said...

The shop hop must have been fun, especially if you went with good friends. I don't have room to store a roll of batting, so I go to Hobby Lobby and get a piece cut, a good excuse to go there. Have a happy weekend.

Deb A said...

Sounds like you had a successful shop hop. I'm guessing after reading through the new magazine there will be a new project started soon =)

Cathy said...

Although I think it would be a better buy I don't think I would have a place to store a roll of batting. I usually buy Queen sized on sale and when I get enough scraps piece them together and use them.

SandraC said...

Sounds like a great day! I'm a bit envious, but will catch up at the vendors in some upcoming quilt shows!

Janet O. said...

No new projects? You strong woman, you!

Deanna W said...

I just bought a roll of batting too. It is so nice to have it here when you need it! You really used self control on that shop hop. I usually start out with good intentions and then nope they go right out the window and I buy buy buy!!!!

Deanna W said...

I just bought a roll of batting too. It is so nice to have it here when you need it! You really used self control on that shop hop. I usually start out with good intentions and then nope they go right out the window and I buy buy buy!!!!