Monday, July 18, 2016

Design Wall Monday

This is how the design wall looks today. These are the improv quilt blocks I made in a class at Quilt Canada, combined with the most recently made blocks that I pieced over the weekend for the blue shop hop quilt.
It's a very fetching combination don't you think?!?! HA!
Let's call it "the layering effect" which is a result of having too many projects on the go and layering them one on top of the other on the design wall without actually making real progress on any of the projects! 
The Layering Effect. 
I think I just made up something to add to the urban quilters dictionary!
These two blocks are #7 and #8, and block #9 is cut and ready to sew. At least I am making a bit of progress!
To see more design wall postings, hop over to Patchwork Times.

6 comments:

Quilt Rat said...

Layering effect! Ha ha ha....I like it....something tells me your design wall is gonna get pretty thick

KaHolly said...

Looking pretty wild! I don't have a design wall. I just pin all my blocks to wall hangings that are already there!

The Cozy Quilter said...

Nice layers!

Mary said...

I like the blue blocks. Keep on sewing them.

SandraC said...

Love the pinks you've used....so cheerful!

Teresa in Music City said...

Hahaha! I thought you had gone modern there for a minute Kathy LOL!!! I usually love blue and pink together, but perhaps not quite like this :*). I am loving your pink improv blocks - yum!!!