Saturday, March 03, 2018

Scrappy Saturday

March is green month at the Rainbow Scrap Challenge.
Since I already had my 1" strips out working on my project for the Small, Smaller, Smallest blog hop happening this coming week, I kept right on going with the little green pieces. These blocks are 5" for the Omigosh quilt. I have all the double nine patch blocks finished (110) and have been working on the alternate churn dash variations.

Speaking of churn dash blocks, I finished sewing my 66 blocks for Barb's block swap and got them in the mail this week. I used 3 dark repro fabrics for my 6" blocks. They really look boring on the wall, but just wait until I add in the swap blocks I receive ... it will be magical! You can see my previous swap block quilts here.


And back to the Omigosh quilt... I just started making these  alternate blocks last March and guess how many I have made? Drum roll please... a grand total of 14! Not really a stellar level of production for one year, but I do think they look awesome and many more will be made this year.
To see what other quilters are making with their green scraps, hop over to the link up at SoScrappy. And the new block pattern for the Squared Away quiltalong is posted over at the Academic Quilter. Can't wait to dig into the scraps this week to make these fun blocks!

17 comments:

Janet O. said...

I am smitten with your Omigosh blocks. I dream that one day I will make that quilt, but I know it isn't so. I just enjoy yours. :)

Ivani said...

Sure you have a great, cute and colorful collection of OMG blocks. I am seriously anxious to see your Small, Smaller Smallest quilt.

Katie Z. said...

Your blocks look amazing!

The Cozy Quilter said...

Christine and I mailed our Modern churn dashes out this week too. Can’t wait to get our packages back in the mail! Those OMGosh blocks are just so cute!

Deb A said...

They look lovely all together! So fun watching OMG move along.

Karen - Quilts...etc. said...

I keep looking at your OMG quilt which I have been looking at the pattern of for quite a few years and think this would really use up some of my scraps if I made it in larger blocks - you say these blocks finish at 5" - maybe I would make it if I had them finish at a bit of a larger size. I've made so many quilts with tiny pieces maybe it is time to decide to make this one only larger blocks.

LIttle Penguin Quilts said...

Aren't those Omigosh blocks amazing?! It's hard to imagine working with the tiny pieces that are included in those. I love looking at yours, though!

Sherrill said...

I still remember when the Omigosh pattern came out years ago and, as I looked at it, I thought 'there is NO WAY IN H&$L'!! Obviously lots of folks (you included) thought differently. HA They are beautiful but for me, still NO WAY!! LOL

Cathy said...

All things considered, that really is a lot of sewing. My favorites are those Omigosh alternate blocks. And hats off to you for working on those tiny blocks too!

AnnieO said...

Adorable green blocks! I’m wearing a sweater the exact color in the upper right block :)
Your precision in handling these tiny pieces is beyond me, I’m afraid. I was in Barb’s modern swap and can’t wait to see what comes back to me! I’m thinking a lot of blue...a color I seldom sew with so great to get from others!

Kathy S. said...

The Omigosh alternate blocks are spectacular. They may be a small pile now, but they are mighty. BEAUATIFUL, Joy!

Jamie Janow Elfert said...

So cute! I love making little blocks and enjoyed seeing yours.

Cathy Tomm said...

Love all the Omigosh blocks up on the wall all together. They look great.

Marly said...

I love those Omigosh blocks; I've never seen them in such an arrangement. It's lovely.

Kristin said...

Your omigosh alternate blocks are stellar. And they will shine even more when you lay them out with the chain blocks.

Kevin the Quilter said...

Omigosh!!!!!!!! I can't wait to receive some of your churn dashes!

Kathy's A Quilter said...

it is lovely to see the variety of blocks that you are working on. How exciting to have all that quilt potential at your fingertips.